Could we answer these questions together for the sake of our children
- Could your church thrive as a growing, missional faith community?
- Why is our identity as an intergenerational body so important?
- How can we resource households to live life to the full when dispersed from the faith community?
- How can we equip church leadership, children and family workers and week by week volunteers with robust models and patterns of discipleship with respect to children?
How will we do all of that?
- Discovering and show casing creative, biblically robust ideas related to 5 foundations for child faith formation – via the faithfullgeneration.com website.
- Creating discussion papers, workshops, training materials and consultations around those themes to enrich the faith formation discussion and equip the local church.
- Promote the idea that children’s ministry needs vibrant theological, missiological and spirituality discussions to help create intentional faith formation in all of our churches.
Who is behind this idea?
The Children Matter partnership, which includes, among many others, Scripture Union, The Kingsway Trust, Bible Reading Fellowship, Children Worldwide, Urban Saints and children’s ministry advocates such as Dave Roberts, helped facilitate the distribution of 50,000 copies of the Will You Make a Difference advocacy and resource disc to churches across the UK.
Working in partnership with The Consultative Group on Ministry among Children, a group representing several leading denominational bodies, we created resources for congregational use, leadership reflection and use with children about a fresh perspective on engaging with children in our churches and communities.
We will use the the experience gained in that project to look afresh and in more depth at how we raise a faithful generation